The following was published by Edinburgh University.
We felt it was a concise and clear explanation that put our minds at ease.
We hope that it may help you.
University fees made simple
By a World Top 20 University.
If you are living in England, Wales or Northern Ireland and want to study at Edinburgh
1. You don’t pay undergraduate fees upfront.
2. You only start repaying your fees after you graduate and earn more than £21,000*
3. Our annual fees are the same as other top UK universities.
4. If you are eligible, you will be guaranteed a bursary.
5. Our bursaries are the best in the UK for the lowest income groups.
6. Nearly 95% of our graduates go into employment or further study.
7. 80% of our students graduate with either a 1st or 2:1.
8. You have 600 undergraduate degrees to choose from.
*Different salary scales apply to Wales & Northern Ireland.
For further clarification on fees and generous bursaries visit